GREEK STYLE HAMBURGER RECIPE...a great best ground beef recipe to try !
Greek Style Hamburger Ingredients:
- 1 pound of lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped greek olives
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 package of hamburger rolls or pita bread
- 1 (16 ounce) container low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint leaves (more or less to suit your taste)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley (more or less to suit your taste)
- 1 clove of garlic minced (add more or less to suit your taste)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- 1/2 cup peeled, seeded and finely diced cucumber
Prepare the sauce for your burgers first and put in the fridge until your burgers are done.
1. In a mixing bowl, combine your olive oil and lemon juice.
2. Now add in your yogurt making sure that you mix it well with the olive oil.
3. Add your garlic, cucumbers, parsley and mint leaves and stir well.
1. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium-low heat. Add the chopped red onions and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Put the onions aside into a large mixing bowl and allow them to cool.
2 To the same mixing bowl, add your best ground beef, feta cheese, olives, oregano, salt and pepper and combine well.
3. Form hamburger patties to desired thickness.
4. Fry your burgers in the same skillet as the onions, or cook on the grill to desired doneness.
5. Spread the prepared sauce on the rolls or inside a pita.
The best ground beef recipe is ready...enjoy it !