- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1 7 ounce jar roasted red peppers chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1 cup of bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cups of prepared tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Heat a medium sized saute pan over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add your onion and garlic and saute until soft. Remove and set it aside on a plate to cool.
3. Grab yourself a large mixing bowl.
4. Add the cooled onions and garlic along with the the rest of your ingredients, except the tomato sauce, and combine. Mix together well with your hands and form into a loaf and add it to an oiled oven safe tray. Top the loaf with 1 cup of the prepared tomato sauce. Make certain that you spread the tomato sauce evenly over the top of the loaf.
5. Bake for about 1 hour or when the internal temperature of the meatloaf reaches 160 degrees F. Remove from the oven and let it sit for about 5 minutes. Slice it up and serve. Heat the remaining tomato sauce if desired and use for dipping. The Best ground beef recipe Italian style is ready to serve...nice !