Baked Ziti Recipe with Best Ground Beef
* 1 pound lean best ground beef (ground chuck or ground round)
* 1/2 cup chopped onion
* 1 green bell pepper, chopped, about 1/2 cup
* 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
* 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
* 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf basil, crumbled
* 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf oregano, crumbled
* 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder or small clove garlic, minced
* 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
* 1/4 teaspoon pepper
* 8 ounces ziti or elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
* 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
Sauté best ground beef, onion, and green bell pepper in a large skillet until onion is tender and beef is lightly browned. Drain off excess fat; add tomatoes, tomato sauce, basil, oregano, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Stir well; stir in ziti or elbow macaroni and 1 cup of the cheese; transfer to a 2 1/2-quart casserole. Top with the remaining cup of cheese. Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
The best ground beef recipe is ready to serves 6 great persons....nice one 1 Enjoy the meal !