- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- 1 tablespoon montreal steak seasoning
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small package of freshly sliced portobello mushrooms or by them whole and slice yourself
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups beef stock
1. In a large bowl combine the ground beef, egg, garlic, onion, steak seasoning, Worcestershire sauce and salt and pepper. Mix well with your hands. From the mixture, make steak shaped patties that are about 2 inches thick.
2 Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef patties and cook about 4 minutes per side until the outside of the steaks are nicely browned and the juices run clear. Remove the steaks and cover with foil to keep them warm.
3 Add the rest of the olive oil along with the butter to the same pan. Add your mushrooms and then cook over medium heat until they are tender. Approximately 5 minutes. Season the mushrooms with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Add the flour to the mushrooms, mix and cook for about 2 minutes. Slowly add in your beef stock. Stir and cook until your sauce has thickened.
5. Pour gravy over steaks and the best ground beef recipe is ready to serve.